Bittermens Bitters Now In StockPosted April 11 2013
We've been growing out our bitters collection extensively over the last two months and, in doing so, we have learned a lot about what our customers are seeking out in their bitter searches. What are they looking for? new, exciting and different.
The small batch bitters, like bittermens seem to focus on two categories of bitter flavors: reviving age old cocktail bitters and generating new exciting bitter creations. It is essential that we are allowed to create cocktails of old, those before prohibition and those that came after that have been forgotten for too long.
Today, we focus on the other direction: new age cocktail creations! While we don't carry the full line of bittermens bitters just yet (give us a couple of weeks), I have hand selected a few of their line that intrigue me and make me want to create a cocktail for each one of them.
- Bittermens Elemakule Tiki Bitters: A love all things tiki and a bitter focused in that direction makes me smile.
- Bittermens Hellfire Habanero Bitters: A love spicy food and spice within a cocktail but sometimes those sauces throw off the smell and color of the cocktail.
- Bittermens New England Spiced Cranberry: Thanksgiving is my favorite eating holiday and, being a New Englander, makes these bitters feel as if they were designed for me alone.
- Bittermens Boston Bittahs: Again, bitters of my region and brings our local heritage to light (plus, I love Camomile)
- Bittermens New Orleans Coffee Bitters: Coffee is my favorite beverage, it is my drink of meditation. Sitting on the porch in the spring time with a cup of hot coffee is my personal freedom.
- Bittermens Xocolatl Bitters: Cinnamon, Spice and Cacao? Yeah, you can't go wrong having a bitter inspired by a Mexican Mole sauce!!
I highly doubt any 1930's cocktails called for a tiki bitter or Boston "bittah" and I doubt anyone would have considered a bitter on Mexican Mole sauce. But, in Today's age we strive to learn from our forefathers and become better people, create better experiences, live exciting lives and build better cocktails. What better way to start than to design cocktails with better bitters?
I have set aside one of each of our Bittermens bitters to create my own cocktails and do fully fleshed out reviews of the products to stay tuned for more on Bittermens from us here at AwesomeDrinks!